DESIGN/ BUILD SERVICES – NEW CONSTRUCTION (NORTHEAST U.S.)
MBR Builders is widely recognized as one of the premiere “Design & Build” firms in the Northeast Region, servicing the tennis and sports facility industries. With the Design/Build delivery method, MBR is designated as the combined architect and contractor team. Thus, MBR Builders assumes the complete responsibility and accountability for designing, constructing and managing the project.
Because the architect and building contractor are working together under a single contract, the likely potential for conflict is significantly reduced. More importantly, the ability to overlap the design and construction phases of the project can save both time and money. The sooner the project can be completed, the sooner it can be occupied and begin generating revenue for owners and value realized by their customers
Benefits of MBR Design & Build Turnkey Delivery:
- Single-source responsibility, communications and accountability
- Intregrated design and construction
- Partnership w/client in successful completion
- Assured uniform quality and best practices
- Faster project completion
- Early known cost established; not back-ended
- Reduced change orders; budget savings with no overruns
- Reduced owner risks
- Lower overall project costs
DESIGN & BUILD PROJECT PHASES – A PLAN FOR SUCCESS
Design (Pre-Construction Services) & Build (Construction)
1. Conceptual Design: Preliminary design; consulting; studies; programming; Pre-Construction Services (PCS); conceptual design; scope; schedule & budget.
2. Design Development: Finalization of design; structural and civil engineering underway; design drawings to 30% completion.
3. Construction Documents: Construction drawings; approvals/permitting continues; civil design completed; budget finalized; permitting for site work; subcontractors.
4. Groundbreaking & Construction: Site work and foundation; steel erection; court construction; interior finish; court surfacing; landscaping.
MBR Pre-Construction Services: PCS is a conceptual scope, schedule and budget to get your project off the conference room table and in the ground. PCS Delverables can also be used for presentations to planning boards, investors, committees, municipal building departments, etc.
MBR Builders offers our valued clients with all On-site Construction Management and supervision of all trades and sub-contractors for duration of the entire project.